RPG RPG Maker [しもばしら工房] アンブロシア / Ambrosia (RJ237060)

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Jan 4, 2010
Translations made several versions ago do risk having that problem.
More the issue is that the original text of the game has a number of nonstandard workarounds for making various quirks work.

An example of this is in the menu where you select what parts of the church to build/upgrade, each choice is self-contained, and rather than the usual conditional used in MV, is just a single option, and if it's not available, the choice is skipped. Touching the text box at all causes it to revert to MV's default for these types of choices, which means there MUST be one or the other, so it adds a default "No" for each choice if it isn't available, which breaks how the menu is supposed to work. This would be an issue no matter what version it was, and you'd have to replicate whatever trick the dev used to make the original conditionals to fix it.

At least it's not like some games where opening any files in an editor at all completely breaks the game. It's minor stuff overall. For the gift shop, I took my save and reverted to the japanese version, bought the shop, slept so it could be built, then reverted back.

Oct 9, 2009
I just noticed that some of the scenes have minor dialogue changes if you are a virgin. So here's an post ending virgin save with full gallery unlock. Also, the MC has learnt all non-sexual bonus skills, which will carry over in a second playthrough (interact with the statue in the church). Enjoy.

Attachments

Nov 26, 2018
More the issue is that the original text of the game has a number of nonstandard workarounds for making various quirks work.

An example of this is in the menu where you select what parts of the church to build/upgrade, each choice is self-contained, and rather than the usual conditional used in MV, is just a single option, and if it's not available, the choice is skipped. Touching the text box at all causes it to revert to MV's default for these types of choices, which means there MUST be one or the other, so it adds a default "No" for each choice if it isn't available, which breaks how the menu is supposed to work. This would be an issue no matter what version it was, and you'd have to replicate whatever trick the dev used to make the original conditionals to fix it.
That's another potential issue, and not unique to MV, in some cases, it's boil down to "Variables vs Flags/Switches".

Oct 9, 2009
That's another potential issue, and not unique to MV, in some cases, it's boil down to "Variables vs Flags/Switches".
Since we are already going off topic here: why can't translators hook text from MV games the same way AGTH did for older rpg games? Did MV actually encrypt the text string?

Oct 28, 2016
Well, just a guess, but the ruby makers don't seem to go all that far from standard winapi.
MV is basically Chrome-lite (well, node-webkit), so it's likely that the text goes through too much preprocessing for there to be a good point to hook into. Though going by the form of the game code it would seem that such point should exist, the specifics of javascript might actually muddle the waters too much.

Web engines are a tricky thing (...and I still hate Firefox upstream for breaking its browser a little over a year back).

Oct 9, 2009
I've just finished playing it and damn this one is good. Does anyone know similar games ?
Saki Quest, Parallel Fantasy (the one with the blond robot), virgin island are what I can think of off the top of my head. There are plenty of games in this genre (battle rape + ROL + corruption).

saionji11

Jungle Girl
Apr 13, 2013
I'm confused. I can't find the boss in several locations. At the beach the guide said to put on the swimsuit and talk to the guy "beyond the poolhouse". I'm not sure where that is, though I've spoken to everyone on the beach multiple times.

I've been all over the goblin cave, but I haven't seen any sign of the boss.

There is also a suspicious zone in the cliff/mountain area, but again no clue if or how to trigger anything.

Is there something I'm missing or a specific order the quests need to be handled? Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 9, 2009
I'm confused. I can't find the boss in several locations. At the beach the guide said to put on the swimsuit and talk to the guy "beyond the poolhouse". I'm not sure where that is, though I've spoken to everyone on the beach multiple times.

I've been all over the goblin cave, but I haven't seen any sign of the boss.

There is also a suspicious zone in the cliff/mountain area, but again no clue if or how to trigger anything.

Is there something I'm missing or a specific order the quests need to be handled? Any help would be appreciated.
The guy beyond the pool house is for a h-scene, and I believe he's not there when you visit the beach on the first time. Not sure at what point he appears, but probably after you defeat the mini-boss in the beach side dungeon. Keep going left along the beach to find the dungeon.

As for the goblin cave, the boss is one floor down. Note that there are 2 staircases that leads downward. The first staircase leads to the prison, if you are at the prison you need to go back up one floor, go south and then west.

Honestly the dungeons have like 4 or 5 forks max, and the incorrect forks usually ends in a dead end after just one map area. Just backtrack and take the other path.

Last edited:

saionji11

Jungle Girl
Apr 13, 2013
Thanks! It's also possible I'm an idiot playing version 1.0 instead of 1.4 *facepalm*

Not sure it makes a difference, but may as well start over to be sure.

Edit: Seems to have done the trick, though the cave in the tentacle tunnel is still wierdly empty. Other than that everything is working, yay!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2009
Thanks! It's also possible I'm an idiot playing version 1.0 instead of 1.4 *facepalm*

Not sure it makes a difference, but may as well start over to be sure.

Edit: Seems to have done the trick, though the cave in the tentacle tunnel is still wierdly empty. Other than that everything is working, yay!
That cave at the tentacle tunnel is where you end up when you lose to any of the fish monsters. Other than that it serves no purpose.